How do I strike a deal at Starbucks Cafe?

How do I strike a deal at starbucks café ?

It has been awhile since I write in this blog post. I have been occupied with my new start up: Yunivers. Yunivers is a portal where millennial can make money from social media. Imagine that every time you post something in social media and you can earn money from that posting. Well, that is our portal, that’s us; pays you money from your 5 minutes break looking at the social media.

Start up sounds cool. The beanie bag, casual office wear, free flow energy drink and MacBook on your lap. Well, there are lots of hard works behind the scene. You need to find the right dude for your team, find the best idea, execute the idea, and find and convince the investors.

The idea is nothing, execution is. I always laugh at so called entrepreneurs who don’t want to share their ideas, afraid that it will be stolen. Dude, if you have this kind of mentality, entrepreneurship may not be for you.

How do you convince people to work for you if you don’t tell them your idea? How do you convince investors to invest in your start up if you don’t tell them your idea?

Getting the right dude for your team is tricky situation. You need to get the right balance of expertise, experience and personality. It’s how they complement each other. It is about building a team. It takes patience and people skill to build a team. We need to shape the right culture early in the start up. I rather not hire a brilliant dude if he doesn’t fit to company’s culture.

Start up works in unconventional way. We need to be mobile. Brick and mortar business is meant for dinosaurs’ era. I may need an office for SSM purpose but if I stay in the office, the business will stay in your office. I spent long hours talking to lot of people, explaining the business ideas, getting the feedback and trying to build up the excitement along the way.

I need to build the right infrastructure for the start up. Most of them are undergrads in the university and some still maintain their day jobs. Fortunately, we have the right technology; WhatsApp, Facetime, emails, and Skype helps to close the gap. The idea is to keep the communication open, and work towards the objectives and timelines.

We had meetings session or more like “coffee session”. Most of the time, I met people at Kopitiam, Starbucks, and at the road side. I recruit dude at Starbucks and I secured investment at Starbucks.


We just need to keep challenge the norms and create awesome experience for the users.

Comments

Popular Posts