I will run and keep on running

I still remember my childhood. Sports comes natural to me. I also loves nature. I'm quite active in extra curricular activities and very good at it. Love outdoor activities. Academic is not something that I like. I never known to be good in academics. Somehow I manage to shy away from books. My mom had tried her best to get me to study but after few futile attempts, I think she just left me alone.

University life gave me more freedom for me to indulge in outdoor activities. Weekdays at the university and weekend in the jungle; camping and hiking. It is still a mystery where did i got all the energy to do all those activities (and where all those fat hide in my body). I always on the move. Life has been carefree for me.

Working life posed another challenge. Time is a luxury items you cannot afford to waste. After i injured my knee in one of futsal game, I began to cut down my outdoor activities. In fact, I am afraid to do any outdoor activities again.

After few years, I challenge my self to change; to keep fit again.

Baby steps. Slowly but surely.

I began to ran at FRIM; and started to run at running competitions. Starting at 5km, 7km and 12km. In between, I conquered Mount Kinabalu.

This year, I done running 10km. I want something new. I signed up for 42km Kuching Marathon in August.

But even marathon cannot satisfy my appetite. I am hungry for new challenge. Then I found trail running; running off track through jungle and up to mountains.

Its a new challenge but i need to prove to my self that I can do it. My first trail run competition will be 18km King of Kemensah on 7th May. Next, 50km through scenic and highland trail of Bario, Sarawak on 21st May. The last trail run competition is in October 15th at Sg Tembeling; another 50km trail running through rivers and forest of Pahang.

My target is to prepare my self for next year Borneo Trail run in Sabah. After that...  I will let my craziness to take me to the next challenge...(hint: Mont Blanc. The question is not why..but why not!).

Comments

Popular Posts