Trail running at Kemensah

It's less than a month for Bario 50km trail run competition on the 21st May 2017. Before that run, there will be a warm up event of King of Kemensah on the 7th of May. Although it is just an 18km event, but it will show where am I in terms of my preparation for Bario. However, I am doing this for fun so nothing to worry about, just enjoy the adventure.



Am not putting too much pressure on this. 

I took a second trial run at Kemensah last week and it is relatively "easy" track. apart from some part of hilly tracks, there are considerable amount of flat tracks as well. I'm getting used to the running gear, the shoes, the bag, water bladders and snacks. I really love the Solomon speed cross 4 running shoes. It's the first shoe that does not hurt my feet during and after the run. 




Kemensah forest offers one of the best jungle tracks for you to run. Furthermore, its near the city centre. I used to run at FRIM but the management decided to closed most or in fact all of its jungle tracks, hence losing its charm and attractions. So I decided to 'run away' to Kemensah. My only fear was that the road leading to and out of the location might congested with visitors going to the National Zoo. Until now, the traffic was clear and I have no major complaints.

For those who has no idea where Kemensah is, you can drive to MRR2 and exit at Zoo Negara. Drive straight towards Kg. Kemensah and park your car somewhere near the community hall. You will run for 2.5km at tarred road before you can exit into any of the jungle tracks. For 2 to 3 KM you will not feel 'lonely' as you can find Malay houses and resorts along the way. It's only after you enter the jungle trail that you will feel bit isolated. 

There are lot of tracks that you can try at Kemensah. I have not been able to explore all. Perhaps after the competition on the 7th next month, I will have a better idea which track to use. You can see that the all tracks are next to Bukit Tabur. Nice backdrop if you want to take photo of your self. 


So put up your running gear and lets get active.

Comments

Popular Posts